June Bride

June Bride

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Perfect Peacock

Good Morning Stampers!
Another Gorgeous day! YEA!

Well I have a gorgeous card for you today! By that I mean that the Peacock is one of the most beautiful birds I have ever seen. My peacock is not colored his true colors  - I just don't have the Blendabilities / Markers / Copics that match reality but nevertheless he is still pretty.

When my younger brother was alive he had a "bird farm" called the "Coo and Cackle" ... on this farm he raised a couple pairs of peacocks! The male was soooooo gorgeous! And it was amazing to see him when he spread his tail feathers!


So - I could not resist the stamp Perfect Peacock from Stampin' Up! I stamped it off a couple of times and procrastinated coloring him because I felt I would never do him justice. When I finally attempted the coloring it was easy-peazy! I used the Coastal Cabana Blendies with Old Olive and Daffodil Delight. The brown on his wings was done with a couple different Copic Markers.
Are you ready?

 
This picture does not do the card justice.... but you get the idea!

Stay tuned for more from this fellow! :)
Have a wonderful day! Enjoy this sunshine.
Hugs...
Ruthie

No comments: