Hi there peeps!
I have learned a new-to-me technique today. I don't know the name for it so I have made up my own name ... see title of this post! :)
It may be a familiar one to some but I have not seen it or tried it before today. I have some pics to show you what I have done - the cards made with this technique will follow at a later date.
Here are the steps:
1) Cut white or vanilla CS to size you wish
2) Sponge CS all over with 3 colors of ink ...your choice
3) Take an embossing folder, open , spritz the side that has no wording (such as Sizzix) on it...
4) Lay the sponged CS onto the wet folder - sponged side down - press lightly and lift carefully
5) You will have the imprint of the folder on the CS - allow to dry before using - you may heat dry to speed the drying process.
In this first example I used Blushing Bride, Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate -and the Mosaic folder
For this next one I swapped out the Smoky Slate for Soft Suede - same folder
Different colors and different folder:
Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Crisp Cantaloupe with Wood Grain folder
And - last but not least - I love these brighter colors!
Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow with Wood Grain folder
Now what do you think? Such a simple, cool technique ... I hope you will give it a try!
Thanks for stopping by!