June Bride

June Bride

Monday, September 1, 2014

Making Beauty From The "Scraps" -

Isn't that what God does with us? He takes all our left over pieces, or messy stuff, our scraps - and turns us into beautiful images of Himself! I am so glad He is still working on me!

This first pic shows my craft table last Saturday morning. All this "stuff" had piled up there and it was time to do something with it. I started by looking thru it and doing a little sorting - can you see the green and orange piece to the left,  underneath a few bits? Last night - Sunday - hubby decided to go visit a friend who is in the hospital and he says, "Hon, do you have a get well card I can take? A masculine one?" Well, gee! I have a lot of flowery cards, pretty cards.... but a masculine one? No. I went in my Korner and grabbed that green and orange piece, some DSP Typeset, twine ...and a masculine get well card was born! And I didn't take a picture. Go figure! You will have to let your imaginations go with that one!

This is the first card I made from the stash of "stuff" -
I took my woodgrain embossing folder, inked it up on one side, placed the white CS one it, closed it, ran my brayer over the top to get good pressure and here you see the background piece! Then I sponged an area in the center and arranged some flowers and leaves around it. Of course I had to add some pearls! The flowers are from Peaceful Petals set. This picture really doesn't do this card justice! I will probably replicate this one in different colrs!

Here is another one -
Doesn't this little guy look peaceful and content? I have a few of these mouse stamps - they are so much fun to color! All the CS I use is Stampin' Up! I tried to pull all the colors used on the image into the CS. I think I mastered that! I find, lots of times, when I have a colored image like this one, a sentiment takes away from the actual image. So I leave the sentiment off and then I can write any message inside - for any occasion!

Well, peeps, I am off to visit with my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter. But I have scheduled another post for Wednesday.... with more cards from my Korner. so - stay tuned...

Hugs,
Ruthie

No comments: