June Bride

June Bride

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Soothing Butterflies

Hey everyone!

And the WINNER is ..... Sheila Robicheau ... for the package of cards!

Is it Spring yet?????
In the midst of all this snow and wind I have tried to stay positive and remain hopeful that SPRING is coming! YEA!!!

To help that along I have made a two Butterfly cards to share with you. SOOOOO easy to achieve this effect. I cute a piece of Whisper White CS a quarter of an inch smaller than the card base - all the way around; chose where I wanted the butterfly to be on the card front and then cute it out with the thinlits . Then I took a piece of DSP and adhered it to the back of the white CS. I used my bone folder to curl the wings a bit and then using glue dots I adhered the butterfly to the opening I had just cut - looks like she is flying off the card! Added some bling and a sentiment and there you have it!

I used Calypso Coral for this card:

I used Coastal Cabana for this card...and colored the pearls with Coastal Blendibilities.
I must say that these cards are much prettier in real life ... !!!

I hope you enjoyed your peek here today! Today looks like the calm after the storm! It is nice to see some sunshine!
Blessings and hugs...
Ruthie