June Bride

June Bride

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Moon Lake

Hi Peeps!
I made a couple cards in the midst of the cold and snow we've been having. They reminded me that spring and summer will come, I must be patient.

I took the idea for these cards from one of my fave stampers - LeAnne at weeinklings blog... you can check her out here www.weeinklings.blogspot.ca

First - I stamped the boat image on white card stock.- cut it out with the circle framelites - colored it with blendabilities.
I cut a piece of the SAB Irresistibly Yours DSP for the inside and used 3 shades of blue to color it ... sort of an ombre effect. I also stamped the boat image and some grunge on the Smokey Slate CS after I had cut and embossed it. Once I finished coloring the image I thought this scene needed some birds in the air so I drew them in. Can you see how the colored image is layered over the SS image? Called Spotlighting technique.


Here is the inside with a big white moon to write the note on! :)

 I used the same set, image, CS, DSP for this second card but I cut the image smaller, angled the curvature on the front, colored the DSP in greens, and did the boat a different color. Because the colored image is smaller more of the underlying image on the SS is showing


Here is the inside - I didn't want the white piece that I will write on to show when the card is closed so I had to angle it as well.

Thank you so much for taking time to stop in here today!
I hope you enjoyed your visit!
Hugs!
Ruthie

No comments: